Why an own download module?
Very simple: to make administration easy for you! Because especially with extensive material collections (for example technical data sheets) there is the recurring handling:
- Upload the file to the web server ("where, in which folder do I have to upload it?")
- On the download page, enter the title of the document and the link to it (and also make sure that the link opens on a new page...)
- By the way, as a comfort function you can determine the expected download size of the file and write it in...
- And then comes a new version of the document - delete the old version and the game starts all over again...
This is easier in WIBcms, if you set up a download area in the site structure, which may also have subcategories:
- Select category, type in the document title and upload the file - done! Everything else automatically appears in the right place.
- The same with the update: Select old document, upload new document - done!